.

.

Saturday 29 June 2013

office secrets review

Hello there my lovelies.
*just skip the intro if you want to see the description of the different routes*

Before you read further I will forewarn you that this post will be me reviewing and giving my opinion / description on 'office affairs' the otome game by my favourite otome game company voltage inc *insert cheers of all otaku woman around the world*. For those of you who are like wtf is an otome game, well the direct translation is maiden game. These games are basically stimulation games aimed at women. They usually have plots similar to romance shoujo manga and anime. If you're wondering how do I buy these games? Well you can buy them in apps both for iphone's and ipad's. As far as I'm aware you cannot play voltage inc's games on your computer. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
For me voltage inc is one of the best, if not the best otome game company with their different stories and routes which tend to represent different iconic types of male 2D leads. For instance the hyper happy younger brother type, childhood friend who's bad with women, the tall, dark, mysterious type and more. I'm almost 100% sure that there will be a route that fits into your 'type' category, or you could be especially sad like myself and buy them all. *Hangs head in shame, but not regret*. Oh god.

Just in case you are wondering yes I feel like such an otaku writing this, and not in a good way. Why am I not bullied I don't know. Doesn't change the fact as embarrassing as it is, I do love these games so much lol. This is basically a post to help you choose a route that will suit you. Because although I do love voltage inc there are some routes I would umm rather. not. have bought. I'm sorry voltage inc I still love you. Since I never came across any reviews on the internet how was I to know? So I shall be that person who wastes their money so you don't have to. Oh the sacrifice lmao.
 In case you didn't know Voltage inc routes cost £2.49 each character. To some people that seems like a lot, to others it's extremely cheap. For me personally I consider it cheap because when I buy an xbox game it usually costs £30-£50. That's how I think of it. Obviously one route doesn't last as long as an xbox game I know that. The prologue is always free though, so you can get an idea of what route you want to choose and if the games for you. I'm just going to say this so you don't have to,  yes even for me this post screams...
 
Moving swiftly on. Now that I've explained to you a little about voltage inc and what otome games are I'm going to actually shut up and talk about office secrets, and no that doesn't make sense.
In game your character is a woman who is in her second year working for a well known clothing company when she's abruptly transferred to a newly created department. She begins her new role with what she considers the elite staff of Infinite inc. Questioning her place. Being the only female in the department she becomes close to one colleague in particular and once you choose your route your story begins. *cheers* **as in applauds not drink** feel free to have alcohol but don't do it because I told you to. Now I'm going to go through the routes and give them a mark out of ten, a brief description and my opinion. I'm not going to tell you straight up what happens otherwise there would be no point playing it yourself so only tiny spoilers I promise!

1. Ryoma Shirasagi.
Basic information: Manager, 27 years old, blood type A, Virgo.
Background: Graduate of Cambridge, MBA; fastest promotion in the company's history.
Description: Ryoma is known as fussy by his childhood friends because of his clean freak personality and perfectionist way of thinking. Ryoma is very professional, when it comes to him being your boss expect to be criticized a lot. He nigh on insults you but manages to make it sound polite. He's very articulate this is a product off his well off upbringing. The route involves not only the obstacle of him being your boss but also your difference in class, although Ryoma doesn't let it on till the game is nearing its end he only has eyes for you. I think the most admiring thing about Ryoma is his hard working personality and passion toward his job, this is one of the main reasons I loved his character. I'd give Ryoma an 9/10 because personally I prefer more romantic, forward type routes. Nevertheless I really enjoyed the storyline and hardships in the Ryoma route!
2. Toranosuke Hajime.
Basic information: Deputy, 25 years old, blood type AB, Sagittarius.
Background: Top of his class since high school, as well as being top employee.
Description: Tora is known for his amazing memory but definitely not for his modesty. He comes across arrogant but throughout the game he proves himself as hard working and talented. The relationship between the mc and Tora develops fairly quickly. Personally I prefer routes where the romance is fairly fast paced so Tora is my 10/10 for this otome game! Although Tora comes across as arrogant hes actually really sincere and has a cute side like his lack of, if any computer knowledge. He also has a rather cute jealousy trait. This is part of why the mc falls for Tora. At the beginning Tora has no interest in a relationship with you until he suddenly becomes passionate stealing kisses and hugs in the office, I think this route revolves a lot around the thrill of keeping your relationship a secret however you do have to overcome hardships to do with work.
3. Shota Kurumi.
 Basic information: Planning deputy, 22 years old, blood type O, Pisces.
Background: Harvard graduate, has lived on 5 different continents.
Description: Shota is the youngest in the department but is just as qualified as some of his older colleagues. This Includes being multilingual, Shota impresses the people around him often with his language skills! He also shines in the planning department showing off his ideas, which is why he's such an asset to the team. A trait of Shota which surprised me was that he could be hard to reason with this comes across when he acts more passionate than professional. Once he became dedicated to something, he doesn't give up. I mean this as a good thing because Shota is a cheerful, cute younger brother type and its rare that they have strong traits like that. For me this improved the game play to be less predictable!  Shota is one year younger than the mc but is often forward being very touchy feely with her. Shota uses living in Europe as an excuse *due to the different culture*. Most of the hardships you face are to do with being in a relationship with a college and someone younger than you. The mc also takes a while to realise/ admit her feelings. All in all I give this route a 9/10, for managing to keep such an overused lead and making it so its still exciting.

4. Junya Sakurazawa.


Basic Information: 25 years old, blood type A, Gemini.
Background: Attended a prestigious private school all the way from elementary to university.
Description: Junya's granddad is the head of your company. This mixed with the rumours about him being a womanizer means you assume he's just a flirt who's not interested much in working hard. The mc very quickly comes to the conclusion this isn't the case. Junya is looked up too by your male colleagues and is very hardworking despite being related to the big boss. This being said Junya prides himself on doing a good job without doing any over time and believes once work is finished it is time to have fun and do what he feels like. Throughout the story despite Junya flirting with the mc and always smiling it becomes obvious to the mc that Junya is sometimes faking it to please others around him. For me I love that Junya shows the mc his gentle/ weak side, because it just makes your heart go doki doki lol. I'm going to give Junya's route a 9.5/10 because there are some really cute scenes in this route!

**To be continued once I play the other routes ^^*

No comments:

Post a Comment